Friday, May 14, 2010

Arizona Immigration Law

After reading all blogs by my classmates about the Arizona immigration law, the post that stuck out the most to me was the blog by Ms. Political entitled, “Napolitano calls Arizona immigration law a ‘cry of frustration’”. I can see why Arizona is frustrated about their immigration situation, but I agree that they are going way over board with their new law. Why not hold the people that are doing the hiring of illegal aliens accountable? Why can’t we stop employers from hiring illegal aliens to begin with? Oh yeah, they are one of special interest groups we learned about in our Government class.

If you stop the work then you stop the migration of illegal aliens for it. There are many workers in the U.S. that are here legally. Many of them are skilled craftsmen and have been apprentices for many years. If other states follow suit with Arizona it will scare many skilled workers that are here legally. They don’t want to be harassed anymore than I do. I think that part of the problem is that many people see workers over here working and assume that they are probably illegal when they are in fact legal. There is no law as to what they should be paid; they are typically paid a lot less than a white worker doing the same work.

Something needs to be done. Our workforce is suffering because our young workforce has gotten too technologically savvy to want to spend hours doing the same thing day after day just to make enough to feed their family. Many people who are legal immigrants have waited their whole lives for a chance to come to the U.S. I think the problem is that many of them are here and they are legal and they will work for less pay. I am not of the opinion, as many people are, that these illegal aliens are going to steal our jobs. I think a wrong is being committed but not at the cost of our civil liberties. The immigration issue does concern many but the many that are concerned are likely ones who wouldn’t do that same job if their life depended on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment